Sunday, November 18, 2012

So Much Catching Up to Do!

Friday, Novemeber 9th to Sunday, November 11th
I must really like you because somehow the next thing I knew you had convinced me to hop a plane to Washington and I spent the whole weekend with you! To be honest I'm so glad I did it because it was an opportunity to see how you live, match faces to names of all the friends and family you talk about, and to really feel like I could be there for you and support you at a time when you could use it. Leaving you was the hardest part. While missing my flight, flying into another airport, taking trams and BART, and phoning a friend for a ride to my car back at my original airport didn't land me home until 2am, it was all worth it for the extra 30 minutes I spent in your arms saying goodbye instead of leaving. 


Monday, November 12th
So here I was all prepared for you to leave and life threw us both a curve ball! Due to flight plans not being approved to fly over Russia, you get to stay! That is...until you deploy Sunday, November 18th in the morning instead.

Tuesday, November 13th to Sunday, November 18th
I know I should feel so grateful that I had one extra week of communication with you, and I am, but here it is Sunday afternoon and I miss you so much already. A part of me just can't help but be sad knowing that I don't have your call to look forward to at the end of my day. I allowed myself an extra hour in bed this morning to just think about you, hold your sea otter, look at your pictures, and pretend the warmth from my electric blanket was actually from you instead. And so the waiting game begins I guess. I will look forward to your email letting me know you arrived safely, but mostly I look forward to our first Skype conversation that I hope will happen sometime in the next week or two. It's funny, on one hand I worry about how good the connection will be, if I'll have enough to say, how much time I'll have to say it, and yet on the other hand even if we couldn't see each other we might be able to hear each other, and if we can't hear each other but could see one another it would still be enough just to feel connected to you in some way. Muah!


No comments:

Post a Comment