Saturday, January 5, 2013

While you were out...

So today wasn't too exciting. I ended up not having to go home because my Uncle ALMOST bailed on coming to visit us. My Dad had offered to pay for a rental car for my Uncle to use to visit us (he has been staying with my grandparents in Camarillo, CA) but apparently through some email delays and a lack of phone communication nothing was booked by my Uncle so he was just going to call things off. Well my Dad was kind of pissed that we have been making plans to see him and that he was just going to blow us off. Not to mention, my brother and I were pretty disappointed that he couldn't get his shit together to visit us. Needless to say, my Dad called my grandparents, woke Kevin up and told him he would send all of his information again to book a car and that it would be really NICE if he could make it work. Long story short, they (my uncle Kevin and his former-mistress-now-wife Tanya) left LA around 3 or 4pm and were going to make the 6 hour drive up to see us after all.

My Dad made arrangements for us all to go to Napa tomorrow for a private wine tasting at Opus One (My favorite wine ever--so far!) and then we will have dinner later at Bistro Don Giovanni in Napa, CA. Should be a great day, kinda bummed I'll have to watch what I drink because I'm driving myself, but I'll be good!

Anywho, after all that drama in the morning, I got a surprise call from my aunt Roxann, cousin Gianna, and my cousin John's fiancé Jackie telling me they were in the area and wanted to know if I would like to join them for lunch. They had been wedding dress shopping earlier. So I spent most of my afternoon with the girls doing lunch and shopping.

At 7:30 I was due at the Robertson's to watch Nolan and Avery so Erica and Red could go see a movie. And here I sit. I hope they won't be out too late since I have another full day tomorrow but it is nice to have time to write you about my day. Hopefully I can take a lot of photos tomorrow and my next blog will at least be more exciting or at the very least visually entertaining!

No comments:

Post a Comment